A dish synonymous with Indian breakfast gets a slight tweak making it bright green in colour and really fragrant in taste.
- Overboil the green peas and blend them into a fine puree.
- In a bowl, take the idli raw and add the curd and pea puree to it and mix till you reach a batter consistency. Add water if required. Add in the seasoning at this point.
- Pour the batter on a greased plate (regular round plate).
- In a deep pot, pour in water and heat it till it reaches its boiling point.
- Place an elevated bowl in the pot to as a stand for the steaming of the idli.
- Place the plate on top of that stand and cover it with a lid and let it steam for 10-12 minutes.
- In a Meyer Safecook frypan, make a tempering using coconut oil, dry red chillies, mustard seeds, ginger juliennes and basil leaves.
- Once the idlis have been steamed, spoon the tempering over the idli.
- Serve it hot with chutney and sambar.
- Green peas – 2 cups
- Idli rawa – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger juliennes – 1 knot
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Basil leaves – 6-7