Incepted in the year 1981, Sumeet Steel started as a trading concern in the city of Calcutta. With the sheer hard work and effort put in by our mentor Mr. Padam Kumar Jain, the business diversified into manufacturing of stainless steel utensils and our first plant was set up in Bhayander, Mumbai (one of the major clusters of SS Utensils manufacturers) on the western coast of India in the year 1995.
When Mr. Anish and Mr. Nitish joined the business they further diversified into the manufacturing of non-stick cookwares in 2012.
Some highlights of our current manufacturing facilities
- We have a 55,000 sq. ft manufacturing facility at Vasai, Mumbai.
- The annual Capacity for Non-Stick Cookwares is 3.6 million pieces.
- We are amongst few coaters in India who are a licensee of Teflon brand of Chemours erstwhile Dupont for cookwares
- Among reputed few in India to set up an automized Line of Non-Stick Cookware.
- Registered with Canteen Stores Department under Government Purchase Scheme
- Rendering to Stringent Quality check as holding BIS License ISI 1660 Part I CM/L 3997395.
- The total strength of 300 people
- An ISO 9001:2015 certified organization by TUV Rheinland
He is a Chartered Accountant and LLB from University of Mumbai. After his successful stint as a Chartered Accountant in the field of Audit and Assurance and handling as an Audit head for National Stock Exchange, BSNL, Oricon International etc, he stepped into the business of manufacturing of Stainless Steel Utensils in 2010. The Stainless Steel Utensil Industry in India was very unorganized and not so quality conscious. Mr. Anish Jain took up the challenge and successfully transformed the unit to focus on quality and innovation.
Mr. Nitish Jain
(CA, CWA, DISA, Post Graduate Diploma in Foreign Trade)
He is a Chartered Accountant and Cost Accountant with 3 years of experience in Price Waterhouse Coopers as Audit Manager and 2 years in Bharat Petroleum Corporation as Manager Finance. Also, he has done diploma in Foreign trade to handle the export division of the Company. He is the CFO of the group and supervises the Accounts, Finance and Taxation affairs of the Company. With him coming into the business the foundation of non-stick cookware manufacturing was laid down in 2012.