kadai paneer recipe | how to make kadai paneer gravy, perhaps one of the popular paneer based main dish or gravy based curry recipe mainly served with roti or naan. Basically, the paneer is cooked in a tomato and onion based gravy with a special spice powder known as kadai masala. The spice powder adds a unique flavour and taste to the curry compared to the other paneer curries.
For kadai masala:
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 dried kashmiri red chilli
For onion tomato paste:
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 inch ginger (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 tomato (finely chopped)
For kadai paneer gravy:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- 1 green chilli (slit)
- 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- ½ onion (petals)
- ½ capsicum (cube)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 cup water
- 12 cube paneer / cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- firstly, in a large kadai, heat 1 tbsp butter and saute 1 bay leaf, 1 green chilli, 1 tsp kasuri methi till they aromatic.
- further saute ½ onion petals and ½ cubed capsicum.
- add ¼ tsp turmeric and ½ tsp chilli powder.
- further add blended tomato-onion paste and mix well.
- in addition, add prepared kadai masala and 1 tsp salt.
- cook till the masala paste starts to release oil.
- now add ½ to 1 cup water adjusting consistency as required.
- add 12 cubes homemade paneer, 2 tbsp cream and mix gently.
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- furthermore, add ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. mix well.
- finally, serve restaurant-style kadai paneer gravy hot with garlic naan or chapati.